Maana Electric’s engineering team is looking to fill the role of a Junior Mining engineer. The main tasks for this position within Maana’s engineering team include:
- Develop components from concept to implementation.
- Dedicated development of mineral separation technologies.
- Geological studies of a variety of feedstock materials.
- Designing, assembling and testing of prototypes.
- Rapid prototyping of new design concepts through CNC machining and 3D printing.
- Developing a testing campaign and undertaking testing for components
- Assisting in the transferring of laboratory results into upscaling of prototypes.
- Developing CAD models, undertake stress analysis and modelling of prototypes and final equipment.
- Hands on manufacturing and assembling of components.
- Bachelor or Master degree in Mining engineering or related field.
- Knowledge of both extraction techniques and purification/separation techniques.
- 1 year experience in the development of mining equipment.
- Hands-on skills for building and assembling laboratory test equipment and prototypes.
- Experience with simulation of mining processes.
- Good knowledge of MS Office package (Word, PowerPoint, Excel), CAD & CAM design tools.
- Good written and oral communication in English. Other languages are considered an asset.
- Strong work ethics and passion to set and meet high performance standards.
- Able to set priorities and work under tight deadlines.
- Knowledge/experience in the Semiconductor, Metallurgy, Chemical and/or Space industry is an asset.
- Knowledge of automation from both a software and hardware perspective.
- Experience with the design of systems from concept to functional equipment.
- Experience with simulation tools for Structural, Stress & FEA Analysis.
- Knowledge of compositional analysis equipment such as XRF and ICP.
- Knowledge of interdisciplinary systems with embedded electronics, actuators, mechanics, sensors and programming.
- Experience in prototype manufacturing through welding, fabrication, CNC machining & 3D printing an asset.
- EU nationality or work permit for Luxembourg.
Due to the nature of the Equipment, the person filling this position cannot have any medical implants, such as pacemakers, that are sensitive to strong magnetic fields.
What we offer:
- Competitive salary package & benefits.
- Enthusiastic and motivated team.
- Friendly and innovation focussed working environment.
- Flexibility and responsibility within the team.
- Ability to develop within the team as the company grows..
This position will be available from October 2019.
Apply using the form below or feel free to send us your CV and a short motivation directly to:
When sending your CV & motivation to us directly, please indicate in the title of your email which position you are applying to.