Maana Electric’s engineering team is looking to fill the role of Senior Thermal Engineer. The main tasks for this position within Maana’s engineering team include:
- Building and leading a dedicated thermal engineering team.
- Being responsible of the mechanical and thermal design of complex subsystems within the thermal control subsystem.
- Design of the fluid coolant network and thermal components, including heat exchangers, pumps, routing, valves, and other devices.
- Performing literature research and trade-off analysis for the definition of subsystem requirements and create the solutions to meet the expected performance requirements.
- Collaborating with specialists in other disciplines to support their thermal needs and integration into the thermal control subsystem.
- Conducting testing of the designed subsystem, post-data analysis with theoretical and experimental data and writing reports.
- Developing and performing dedicated thermal and structural analysis by means of commercial FEM tools.
- Master degree in Mechanical/Aerospace Engineering or related engineering field and 5 years of experience OR Ph.D. in Mechanical/Aerospace Engineering in the field of thermal control with 2 years of practical experience.
- Strong knowledge within thermal system designs, from first principles concepts through design of production hardware.
- Understanding of thermal modelling at various levels (1D, 2D and 3D).
- Good knowledge of Matlab/Simulink and FEM simulation tools.
- Experienced in Project and Team management.
- Good written and oral communication in English. Other languages are considered an asset.
- Strong work ethics and passion to set and meet high performance standards.
- Leadership and team motivation skills.
- Able to set priorities and work under tight deadlines.
- Knowledge/experience in the Semiconductor, Metallurgy and/or Space industry is an asset.
- Familiarity or experience with multi-phase thermal management technologies (heat pipes, pumped two-phase, vapor compression heat pumps, phase change materials).
- Familiarity or experience with valves, vacuum systems and flow regulation control.
- Experience with validation and verification of thermal systems using laboratory and in-field testing.
Due to the nature of the Equipment, the person filling this position cannot have any medical implants, such as pacemakers, that are sensitive to strong magnetic fields.
What we offer:
- Competitive salary package & benefits.
- Enthusiastic and motivated team.
- Friendly and innovation focussed working environment.
- Flexibility and responsibility within the team.
- Ability to develop within the team as the company grows.
This position will be available from October 2019.
Apply using the form below or feel free to send us your CV and a short motivation directly to:
When sending your CV & motivation to us directly, please indicate in the title of your email which position you are applying to.